Overview and Timetable
6 Day in person course for 10 students. Tutor led. Goal is to get first website on the web.
The students at the end of the course
- Created a Github profile & commited code
- Created a live website using Vercel
- Created a fully functional online game - The Snake game
Should be able to:
- Use Visual Studio Code
- Be able to create a website with multiple pages: (using redirect & getting params from url)
- Be able to create a form using Bootstrap
- Know basic JS
- Know JS apis for button click, selecting elements
- ? Jquery (might be too much) - Leave out
- Find help on stackoverflow
Lesson structure mix of
- Guided Lecture & students do at same time (Workshop style)
- Lecture then mini project to check learnt do. Then present back to class. (Lecture style)
- Online course content from udacity
3 x 1.5hr sessions
30 mins break, 1 hour lunch break
- Cover Js udacity course (see if can download offline) - Get as far as possible on it.
- Fizz Buzz game to test knowledge
3 UK Volunteer mentors. 10am start
- Pair up students.
- 9-2.30pm to work together to create a login page and landing page for an ecommerce website of their choice.
- Small Prize for winning team & best student on course